Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the website located at www.emfs.info (the “Website”). Your access and use of the Website is subject to these Terms and Conditions, and by using and accessing the Website, you signify your agreement with them.
In these Terms and Conditions "National Grid" or “we” means National Grid plc and any other entity in which National Grid plc owns (whether directly or indirectly) more than 15% of the issued share capital.
These Terms and Conditions may be changed from time to time and changes will be republished on the Website and bind you from your next use of the Website. You should print off or save a local copy of the Terms and Conditions for your records.
2 Grant of Access
National Grid grants you permission to access the Website for your commercial and non-commercial purposes, subject always to these Terms and Conditions. You agree that your failure to comply with any such terms or conditions will be a breach of these Terms and Conditions by you.
You agree to abide by all applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct (including those that are self regulatory) and you agree to be solely responsible for all things arising from your use of the Website. You agree that you will always respect the privacy of your fellow internet users.
You agree not to:
1. use the Website to threaten, harass, stalk, abuse, disrupt, or otherwise violate the rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of, others;
2. damage, interfere with or disrupt access to the Website or do anything which may interrupt or impair its functionality;
3. use the Website to harvest personal information about others;
4. make available, upload or distribute by any means any material or files that contain any viruses, bugs, corrupt data, "Trojan horses", "worms" or any other harmful software or code or interfere with the systems supporting the Website; and/or
5. obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access, through whatever means, to the Website or other computer systems or areas of our, or any of our partners', networks which are identified as restricted.
3 Use of Content
Content on the Website
The trade marks, logos and service marks displayed on this Website (“Trade Marks”) are owned by or licensed to National Grid or relevant third parties. No right or licence is granted or may be implied by their display upon this Website.
National Grid also owns or controls copyright, database or other applicable intellectual property rights in the content published on the Website including (without limitation) information, photographs, text, graphics and quotations, but excluding all Third Party Content (as defined below) (“Content”).
Certain content on the Website belongs to third parties and is used by National Grid under an express or implied licence (“Third Party Content”). Third Party Content comprises any content on the Website (other than Trade Marks) which belongs to third parties including (without limitation): (i) materials, photographs graphics, text and quotations indicated by a third party's proprietary notice and/or attributed to any third party; (ii) third party materials such as abstracts (including quotations) of scientific papers studies or industry publications (whether or not indicated in red boxes); and (iii) identified quotations. In such cases, National Grid may not be able to license the third party rights to you directly so you must seek the express written permission from the relevant third party to use the Third Party Content.
Licence to Use
Except in respect of Trade Marks and Third Party Content (as defined above), you are granted a limited, non-exclusive, revocable licence to copy, download, print, adapt, publish, distribute and transmit (which activities are referred to collectively and/or individually as “Use”) the content which is made publicly available on the Website for commercial and non-commercial purposes provided that you comply with the following conditions:
1. You must not pass the Content off as your own material and you must acknowledge the source of the Content by including an appropriate attribution statement and, where possible, provide a reference and/or link to this Website;
2. You must not Use the Content unreasonably, systematically and/or to gain a commercial advantage over National Grid in any way, as, for example (but without limitation) you would do if you were to use the Content to compete with any services or materials sold or supplied by National Grid;
3. You must not remove or alter any copyright, trade mark, name or other notice or legend that appears in connection with the Content;
4. You must not imply in any way that you have any commercial relationship with National Grid or that National Grid endorses you, your products or services or your use of the content;
5. You must not Use the Content in a way that exaggerates, distorts or misrepresents the Content or its source or is misleading;
6. Whilst National Grid accepts that users may wish to challenge the findings set out on the Website, you must not Use the Content in a way that is defamatory, whether to National Grid or any other person, or in a way that is intended to harm the reputation of National Grid; and
7. You must not Use the Content in any manner in conjunction with, or on a page or website that contains, material that is, defamatory, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent or otherwise unlawful or objectionable.
In no way are any of the following rights affected by the licence granted above: fair dealing or fair use rights, any other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations; moral rights; or rights of third parties in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights. You are responsible for gaining the relevant consents in relation to such rights, where applicable.
National Grid shall not be liable for any claims or losses of any nature, arising indirectly or directly from your use of, reliance on any content (including Third Party Content) on the Website or from your inability to use the Website or any such content, except to the extent that any liability cannot lawfully be excluded or limited.
4 No Warranties
The Website (and content thereon) is for information purposes only. National Grid publishes the Website and provides the Content and the Third Party Content “as is” and does not make or give any representations, warranties or other assurances, express or implied, about the Content, Third Party Content or any other information provided through this Website and/or the operation or availability of this Website.
Without limiting the generality of the previous paragraph:
- National Grid does not warrant, represent or otherwise guarantee that the information provided on the Website including (without limitation) any Content or Third Party Content is accurate, up to date, comprehensive, verified or complete;
- National Grid does not give any commitment that the Website or any content on the Website will be available without interruption or that any such content is error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that the Website or its supporting systems are free of viruses or bugs;
- any statistics, opinions, findings or conclusions of scientific studies or papers published on the Website may be based on various assumptions used in the field and may not necessarily have taken into account the totality of the information relevant to any given issue; and
- the information on the Website including (without limitation) the Content and the Third Party Content is not intended to constitute a definitive or complete statement on any subject, nor is any part of it intended to constitute advice of any kind for any specific situation.
5 Limits on Liability
Our liability to you is limited on the basis that:
- access to the Website is free of charge;
- you are responsible for determining the suitability of the Website and/or any of its contents for your required purpose; and
- you should ensure that your hardware and software is enabled with appropriate and up to date virus checking software.
National Grid does not accept any liability to you for any of the following types of loss which you may suffer as a result of your use of, or inability to use, the Website:
- loss which neither we nor you could reasonably have foreseen when you first accessed the Website;
- any business loss you may suffer, including (without limitation) loss of revenue, loss of profits or anticipated savings, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of data (whether any of these losses are a direct or indirect result of our default);
- any other loss which you suffer other than as a result of our failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or our negligence or breach of statutory duty.
We do not accept any liability to you if the Website is unavailable, or if access to it is interrupted or if we are delayed in or prevented from performing any obligation due to:
- the non-availability or failure of any telecommunications or computer services, systems, equipment or software operated by you or any third party; or
- any other event not reasonably within our control.
We also do not accept any liability or responsibility for:
- any action taken, or not taken, as a result of or in reliance on information provided on the Website including (without limitation) the Content and the Third Party Content; or
- any inaccurate, out of date or incomplete information provided on the Website including (without limitation) the Content and the Third Party Content and/or for any errors or omissions therein.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
You shall indemnify National Grid and keep National Grid indemnified from and against any and all expenses, losses, liabilities (including (without limitation) any tax liability) and any and all direct, indirect or consequential losses, damages, costs (including (without limitation) costs of enforcement) or expenses of any character incurred or suffered and any claims or legal proceedings which are brought or threatened, in each case arising from: (i) your use of or conduct on the Website (excluding any “Use” (as defined above) of Content by you as authorised under these Terms and Conditions); and/or (ii) your breach of these Terms and Conditions including (without limitation) any “Use” by you of any Trade Marks, Third Party Content or Content in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.