If you own or develop High Voltage (HV) electricity assets, are planning a development close to electrical assets or have a company with equipment that generates EMFs, you may require specialist advice. At National Grid our EMF specialists are here to assist you in managing EMFs associated with HV transmission assets and other EMF management issues.
EMFs are an emotive issue which, if mishandled, can easily escalate. Our strength is that we combine technical expertise with people skills and effective communication. We don’t just understand the science of EMFs; we understand the business risks it poses and how to manage them.
We can help you at any level, from simply performing calculations and measurements, to assisting with the full process of obtaining consent for a new power line.
Our specialist team can provide expert support in:
- Measuring and calculating EMF
- EMF aspects of design of electricity assets
- The various UK exposure limits, regulatory provisions, and Codes of Practice, and how to demonstrate compliance with them
- How to present the complex and sensitive EMF issues effectively to a range of audiences
- Environmental Impact Statements and Health Impact Statements
- Staffing drop-in consultation events, or one-to-one meetings
- Expert witness appearances and cross-examination on EMFs
- Effective media management.